Table of Content
Interface and Layout
When you login for the first time, you will see the default chart overview with three timeframes on three charts. Each chart displays two timeframes, for example, the top chart displays Daily bars and trendlines (solid) but also displays trendlines from the Weekly chart (dashed.) You can control both timeframes per chart individually, as well as which timeframe is accented. This gives you an incredible way to compare short-term price action against long-term trendlines.
- Symbol search and selection box: Start typing in this box and TrendSpider will search for matching symbols. You can either hit enter or click on a matching symbol to select it. Start typing from anywhere in the interface to activate the symbol search box.
- Favorite symbol flag: This button will tell TrendSpider to add the symbol to a special watch list called Favorites and to turn the star yellow every time you revisit a favorite symbol.
- Refresh data and analysis button: This button will refresh all the chart data and analysis.
- Workspace Layout switcher: This switcher will allow you to change how many charts are visible at one time in the interface, from 1 to 4, and some various layouts.
- Toggle Trends: This allows you turn turn on/off the automatic trendlines TrendSpider detects. See “Trends” for details.
- Toggle Multi Time Frame Analysis (MTFA): MTFA is TrendSpider’s most popular and powerful feature. It is designed to display trends from one timeframe on the chart for another timeframe, and it works across all of TrendSpider’s technical analysis capabilities.
- Configure and toggle standard indicators: Turn on and off the standard indicators you configured in the system options or the system defaults if you have not configured custom indicators.
- Toggle Automatic Fibonacci: Enable and disable automatic fibonacci retracements. If enabled, TrendSpider will automatically determine the high and low point, and calculate the fibonacci levels between them. The ability to leverage fibonacci alongside confluence is a powerful combination.
- Show Trends: Allows you to enable and disable manual modification of trendline detection. Has three filters Most Relevant, More Lines and All(Unfiltered)
- Heatmaps: Select a support/resistance visualization and turn it on and off. Will be visible on all charts, but not visible in shareable screenshots. This feature has three options horizontal, depth and trends.
- Watch lists: A powerful and easy-to-use watchlist system that allows you to easily switch between symbols by using your keyboard Up and Down keys.
- Advanced Settings: Find this inside the Trends button feature. Configure how TrendSpider works. See Advanced Functionality below.
- Account: Change your billing preferences and settings. Manage your subscription.
- Log Out: End your TrendSpider session on this device.
- Chart Type: Choose from Candlesticks, Hallow Candlesticks or Bars
- Timeframe and Confluence Timeframe: Choose which two timeframes you wish to compare. Only enabled if Confluence is enabled in the toolbar.
- Chart Accent: Accented trendlines and data is brighter than non-accented. Simply a visual preference.
- MTFA Trendline (dashed): Dashed trendlines are from another timeframe
- Time frame Trendline (solid): Solid trendlines are from this timeframe
- Automated Fibonacci Levels: Automated Fibs from THIS timeframe (because they are solid, Confluence fibs a different chart would be dashed.)
- Share Chart Tool: Generate a shareable link to this chart.
- Terms of Service and Support: Get help, read the legal terms and disclaimer.