TrendSpider automatically downloads and analyzes charts in 5-minute, 10-minute, 15-minute, 30-minute, 60-minute, 1-day and 1-week timeframes with a 320 candlestick level of granularity. Since these analyses are performed simultaneously, the platform enables users to plot trend lines and indicators across multiple timeframes — a capability that we call Multi-Timeframe Analysis, or MTFA.
Multi Time Frame Analysis (MTFA) enables users to plot trend lines, indicators, and fibonacci retracements from one timeframe on the chart of another.
For example, you can plot:
- Trend lines from the daily timeframe on the 60-minute chart.
- Auto-fibonacci levels from the 30-minute timeframe on the 5-minute chart.
- Weekly moving average indicators on a daily chart.
These capabilities enable users to see trends that other traders will almost certainly miss without pulling up separate charts and manually comparing them. Since most traders can only pay attention to one — or maybe two — timeframes at a time, while simultaneously analyzing charts and executing trades, MFTA provides a significant edge in trend line analysis.
In this example, the solid lines represent trend lines drawn in the current timeframe while the dashed lines represent trend lines drawn in a secondary timeframe.
You can apply multiple timeframes to a chart in a few easy steps:
- Click the MTFA button in the upper-left corner of the screen.
- Select the first and second timeframes in the upper-left corner of the chart.
Note: TrendSpider supports 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 12, 15, 30, and 45, 60, 65, 90, 120, and 240 minute timeframes, as well as daily, weekly, and monthly timeframes.