Create a Multi-Factor Alert
Multi-Factor Alerts make it easy to create SMS or email notifications when a set of technical criteria occur.
You can start creating a Multi-Factor Alert in a few easy steps:
- Click on the Create Alert button in the top toolbar or the + icon in the Alerts Panel.
- Use the visual editor to create an alert one row at a time, or select a pre-made template by clicking on the … and selecting Load From Template….
- Click on the Create Alert button to create the alert.
Note: The alert will be created for the same ticker that you’re currently viewing in the main window.
Example of an Alert
Suppose that you’d like to receive an alert when the 5-min 9-ema cross the 30-min and 20-ema.
You could do so in a few steps:
- Click on Add Parameter Here.
- Click Condition.
- Click the 5-min timeframe.
- Click 9 EMA.
- Click crosses something.
- Click Indicator.
- Click 30-min.
- Click 20 EMA.
Once you made your first condition, you can build off of it by adding more parameters.
Now, suppose that if this group of conditions are not met, you want to look for another group of conditions. You can do this in the same alert by click “Add condition group (and/or)“. This will allow you to build a whole new set of condition unrelated to the previous group.
You can then continue to build this alert to meet another set of conditions if the first set of conditions are never met.
You can also save a set of conditions as a template for further alerts.
You can do this by clicking the … next to All of the following and then click Save as template.
Raindrop MF Alerts
Raindrop multi-factor alerts are a little different than conventional multi-factor alerts.
First, you will notice you cannot create alerts on the 1-min, 5-min and monthly charts.
Secondly, when creating an alert with price, you will notice Left, High, Low, and Right.
- Left refers to opening price.
- Right refers to closing price.
- High is the high of the candle.
- Low is the low of the candle.